Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Can Things Get Better?

Mom's Thoughts:

Each day is such a crap shoot, I sometimes think I live in Vegas.   So many times in a day or a week, my Elizabeth is there, laughing, singing, snuggling with me, talking about life... just like always.  Then suddenly, OCD shows up and a dark cloud comes over her face - the struggle begins.  When I see her in so much pain, not able to do the things she loves and needs to do - even basic things like taking a shower or walking upstairs to her bedroom - I want to cry out, grab that stupid King Kong and shake him out of her.  I want to punch him, make him cry and run away like a wounded animal, never to return.  "Leave my daughter alone!!" I want to scream. "Give her back to us!"  

I wish I could take her suffering as my own.  She is so young, has so much promise and so much to offer, so much of her life ahead.  I'm older, wiser... I can understand and deal with things like this.  But there's nothing I can do but hold her.  Hold her, and fight for her - fight to find her someone who can help her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment