Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Kitty Cat of Hope!


 Elizabeth's Thoughts:

Through the past few days, I feel like I'm falling down the rabbit hole. I'll feel fine one minute, then suddenly I feel empty, lost and alone. It's SOOOOO hard to do homework, pay attention in class and to get ready to leave the house... AHH! I feel so weird! How can I really describe this??

Then when I started to feel I really would not make it to the next day, my mom saved me.

Hour four of straight crying and I was still rocking back and forth sobbing. "Why am I crazy? I'm crazy! You're gonna die! I can't do this anymore!" I felt like I was shouting (although I have no idea if I actually did...) when my mom said "What if getting a cat was your reward for working hard and beating King Kong?"

I froze. I've wanted a cat badly since ours died last summer, but my mom didn't want to get a new one. "What?! Really? You sure?!" Talking about a cat snapped me back into reality. That has never happened before. Ever. She was serious. So now as I feel sad or struggle to work at home or at school, I think about my cat. The harder I work to beat this OCD, the sooner I will have a cat! :) 


 I am super excited!! For two days now, just the thought of earning my own cat has kept me from fully getting a panic attack! So far so good! I just hope I can beat down King Kong soon, so I can get a furry friend! :) Such a small thing is making such a big difference in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment